Associate Dean (Humanities) - BCAS
Prairie View A&M University
College Of Arts & Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Associate Dean, under general direction, oversees and provides leadership and support for department heads and faculty within the College. Assists the Dean with academic matters and is responsible for quality assurance of administrative matters handled by the office.
- Assists the Dean in the management and leadership of the College by performing various assigned tasks and by representing the College at various committee meetings and functions.
- Ensures that administrative matters are carried out in an effective and efficient manner to provide excellent service to Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) constituencies.
- Develops strategies, in consultation with the Dean, for allocation of resources, management, and support structures to deliver the College's strategies and policies for education and resultant improvements in metrics for entry standards and enrollment growth.
- Manages the administration of funds and procedures relating to the College's financial operations, including reporting and policy implementation.
- Provides training to faculty, administration, and staff. Develops funding opportunities for faculty, administration, and staff, and coordinates accreditation studies and activities.
- Coordinates and actively participates in student recruitment and retention programs to ensure successful enrollment goals.
- Monitors semester course offerings in terms of enrollment numbers, number of offerings, time of offerings, and size of classes.
- Collects various data and assembles information concerning the College which can be used to project the image of the College to the public and to various funding groups.
- Develops and maintains a public information and support system for and among alumni of the College.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience. An earned Doctorate degree or terminal degree, with tenure, in an area offered by the College or related field is preferred.
- Six years of related experience in administration and management. An earned Doctorate degree or terminal degree, with tenure, in an area offered by the College (Music/Theatre, Languages, Communication, Social Work, Behavioral Sciences, or Political Sciences) or related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Generally supervises
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of policies and procedures of TAMUS.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
Job Posting Close Date:
Registrations, Certifications, and Licenses:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU career site.
The required documents listed on the job posting are required to be attached to the application.
No further applicant documents will be accepted once the job posting has closed. References will need to be indicated on the application and a resume may not be substituted. All previously mentioned actions must be taken for full consideration of your application. To be considered, even if you are a current or former employee, or current or former student of PVAMU, all required documents must be attached at the time your online application is submitted.
Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the agency's verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/AffirmativeAction/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.