Position TitleAssociate Dean, Health, Wellness & Culinary Arts
DepartmentHealth, Business, & Public Service
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Experience
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Dean of Health, Wellness, and Culinary Arts, the Associate Dean is a core member of the leadership team for that division. The Associate Dean provides administrative support to the Dean in specific areas such as faculty and staff evaluation, budget development and management, grant development and compliance, and student related issues. The Associate Dean serves as the division’s liaison to other areas and divisions within the College, supporting day-to-day operations of the division, as directed by the Dean. The Associate Dean coordinates division-wide initiatives such as professional development and facilities management.
- Doctorate preferred. Master’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution in one of the fields/disciplines represented in the Division:
Nursing: RN and LPN Programs; LPN to RN and EMT/P to RN Options.
Allied Health: Medical Assistant, Nuclear Medicine, Surgical Technology, Health Information Management; Respiratory Therapy, Radiology, Paramedic.
Wellness, Culinary Arts, and Hospitality: Health Education, Physical Education, Nutrition, Hospitality, Culinary Arts.
- Background in instruction or workforce development, minimum three years’ college teaching or workforce training and development experience, three years’ supervisory experience and progressively responsible college administrative or supervisory experience in planning, management, assessment, and supervision of curriculum and instruction.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Budget development experience.
- Experience writing and developing successful proposals for grants from external sources.
- High energy level, sense of humor, diplomatic/tactful, and passionate about the dimensions of this position.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated courage, tenacity, and patience in the face of challenges; ability to suggest creative solutions to challenges.
- Knowledge of College policy and ability to interpret and apply policy for divisional staff, faculty, and students.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns of stakeholders.
- Computer literate and open to the development and implementation of innovative delivery systems and enhanced teaching through advanced information technologies.
- Ability to promote collegiality and build consensus and work as a team member.
- Demonstrated project planning and management, time management, and priority setting skills. Ability to work successfully in a high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge about county, state, and regional workforce needs.
- Knowledge of the external accrediting process for select programs within the scope of the division.
- Demonstrated history of on-time delivery of projects; project coordination; and anticipation of issues.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please address your qualifications in your cover letter