Dean of Health Sciences and Human Performance - Vincennes, IN
VU is committed to supporting students in associate degree and selected bachelor degree programs. The University encourages and supports the professional development of faculty and staff to ensure excellent learning experiences for students.
The Dean of Health Science and Human Performance provides university curricular leadership in the disciplines/majors of the academic college, oversees the day-to-day operations of the college, and represents the college to the wider university and community. The Dean reports to the Provost of the University.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· providing leadership, supervision and support to the faculty and staff of the College
· leading recruitment and retention efforts within the College
· providing assistance in the development of course offerings, schedules and teaching assignments.
· overseeing the Center for Health Sciences building
· hiring and promotion of faculty, professional staff and staff positions
· assisting in the acquisition of educational materials for the college
· supporting academic advising
· working to ensure the consistency and integrity of VU Health Science and Human Performance courses offered at all sites
· overseeing faculty and staff evaluation processes
· providing leadership in program and classroom assessment
· participating in community activities
· participating in professional development activities
· serving as an advocate for the College of Health Sciences and Human Performance
The successful Dean of Health Sciences and Human Performance candidate must possess:
· leadership philosophy that emphasizes an environment of collegiality, open communication and accountability.
· demonstrated ability to produce a cooperative work environment that promotes effective team work.
· high energy level, sense of humor, diplomacy, tact.
· passion for quality education with evidence of commitment to student success and support.
· excellent organizational and problem solving skills including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns of stakeholders.
· history of being open-minded, supportive, trustworthy and fair.
· demonstrated time management, problem solving and priority setting skills.
· Documented success in building collaborative relationships and partnerships.
· Minimum of 5 years of college/university teaching experience required.
· Minimum of 5 years of college/university administrative leadership experience required.
· Master's degree in a health-related field from a regionally accredited college/university required. Doctorate in a health-sciences discipline, educational leadership or higher education preferred.
Commensurate with qualifications
July 15, 2019
Candidate will be eligible for all benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit cover letter addressing the position, current resum/ curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references, to Human Resources by email to email@example.com or mail to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications deadline is February 22, 2019. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer