Arkansas State University-Beebe, a comprehensive two-year community college and part of the Arkansas State University System, is seeking an Academic Dean for Math and Sciences. The College is focused on teaching and learning and emphasizes student success at all levels and is interested in candidates who value those same attributes.
As a collaborative, energetic leader, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a strong commitment to student success and faculty/staff development; a comfort with change, innovation, and technology; and the use of data for decision making. The Academic Dean will report directly to the Chief Academic Officer and have a voice in executive decisions concerning academics at the institution.
Candidates must possess a Master's degree and 18 graduate hours in math, science, or a health-related field. Earned doctorate from regionally accredited institution preferred. A minimum of four years of college-teaching experience in an appropriate discipline is required.
Job duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare, revise, and review academic programs to promote student success and learning.
2. Provide program/academic advisement and active engagement with students.
3. Develop strategies to achieve educational goals and objectives that align with the college's strategic plan.
4. Ensure academic integrity of courses and programs.
5. Promote professional development among faculty and staff.
6. Ensure the delivery of quality education that is responsive to industry and transfer institutions.
7. Promote a collegial environment.
8. Oversee assessment and accreditation efforts of the division.
9. Supervise and evaluate the Director of Allied Health and Veterinary Technology programs, Math and Science division faculty, Program Coordinators and Lead Faculty.
10. Develop and manage the division budget.
11. Actively engage with community and College events to include advisory committees for appropriate allied health and veterinary technology programs.