Reporting to the Vice President of Student Affairs, the Associate Vice President and Dean of Students is responsible for assisting the Vice President with strategic planning and oversight of initiatives which promote the personal, social, cultural and educational growth of our students. The Associate Vice President and Dean of Students is responsible for supporting new students and their families as they transition into Curry College. The Associate Vice President and Dean of Students is responsible for creating and supporting efforts around student success and supporting students at risk. The position oversees the following departments: Community Standards & Accountability, Wellness Education, Student Affairs Technology, Orientation, and New Student programs. Collaborative initiatives with Academic Affairs are also important elements of this position. This is a "hands-on" position, and includes "on-call" hours, as well as serving as an appeal reader to support the Office of Community Standards and Accountability.
Student Affairs Administration:
- Work with the Vice President to plan, develop, and implement strategies for strategic goals/plan;
- Initiate and develop faculty connection with the Division of Student Affairs in collaboration with Department Heads in Student Affairs. Supervise the departments focused on student personal development including Community Standards and Accountability, Wellness Education and Technology Manager;
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the College wide Orientation Programs for new students and their families. Including coordination with Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and Alumni and Parent Relations;
- Responsible for the oversight of New Student programs audits processes and planning collaboratively with department heads to support the strategic direction of the Division of Student Affairs;
- Serves as the chair of the BIT( Behavior Intervention Team);
- Serves as a Co-chair of the SAT ( Student Assistance Team);
- Serve as a Deputy Title IX coordinator;
- Is responsible for creating and supporting efforts around student success-
- Will work with members of the VPSA's office and the Academic Affairs office to evaluate and assess first year programs to ensure maximum return on investment for our students success
- Co- chair the Colleges student success committee with the AVP for Academic Affairs
- Member of the DII leadership team focused on student success and retention
- Develop, Implement and participate in programs that foster and encourage opportunities to hear students' voice;
- Assist with special events sponsored by the VPSA's Office;
- Provide direction and coordination for program development and staff training across all areas of the division to enhance student engagement and the student experience;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with administrators and various student and Academic Affairs areas of the College;
- Provide advisory support for student organizations including the Student Government Association;
- Works with campus partners to assess community needs and designs, implements, and assesses the effectiveness of college programs and learning opportunities;
- Develops strategies to enhance student learning and engagement outside of the classroom;
- Provides leadership, supervision, and budgetary direction to direct reports;
- Collaborates with multiple college constituencies to develop, supervise and assess programs and initiatives designed to enhance the experience of students;
- Establishes collaborative relationships with student affairs departments and staff, as well as other campus departments, staff and faculty responsible for student life and academic success;
- Coordinate professional development and campus partnership opportunities for the Division of Student Affairs;
- Supervise, train and evaluate the professional staff on a regular basis regarding professional development, job performance and campus expectations;
- Engages in regular assessment and planning to increase the effectiveness of student programs and activities in promoting student satisfaction and learning and to effectively communicate the value of student engagement throughout community and assist in strategic decision-making;
- Represent the College at campus-wide events and by serving on campus-wide committees;
- Serve as an Administrator on Call for the department in the event of an emergency;
- Work collaboratively with staff in the Office of the VPSA and other areas of Campus Life to provide support, advising, and referral for students experiencing academic, personal, medical, or psychological distress;
- Serve as a member of the Emergency Response Committee and assist in crisis situations--as delegated by the committee chair or his/her designee;
- Serve as an active member of college committees that support the recruitment and retention of our students;
- Technologically savvy, encourages the use of technology to meet, improve, and support the evolving/dynamic needs of the students and all of the departments within the Division;
- Promotes the increased use of technology for Student Affairs including social media and other new technologies;
- Serves as an Appeal reader on conduct matters;
- Assists the Vice President with the Annual Budget process;
- Responsible for the oversight of operations for the Division of Student Affairs. Develops and implements tools for the collecting, analyzing, and interpreting benchmark status reports as required by the Vice President;
- Coordinates publications for the Division. Serves as the liaison for publications and web/portal information and is responsible for updates to the student life home page on the web/portal as needed. Coordinates production of the Deans ENewsletter, and is the point person for the parent and alumni newsletters.
- Coordinates Student Affairs Divisional Publications with the Senior Administrative Assistant- including; Event Calendars, newsletters, and all notifications.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her designee.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field required ;
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in Student Affairs operations, with specific familiarity with Student Engagement, Student Success, Student Conduct and strong supervisory skills;
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment, strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to supervise others, and the ability to work, advise and advocate for college students.
- Banner Experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Curry Policies and Procedures preferred.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.