Department: Professional Studies
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Associate Provost-Chelsea Campus, the Dean of Professional Studies is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Professional Studies Division, which includes the departments of Business Administration, Computer Information Technology, Computer Media Technology, Early Childhood and Education, Hospitality, Criminal Justice and Public Safety, Paralegal and Legal Studies, Visual & Media Arts, and Career Development and Internships. These responsibilities will include new program and curriculum development, strong coordination with workforce development programs and strategies, program review and assessment, course scheduling, budgeting, and faculty development. In addition, the Dean oversees a number of grants that support the College's academic programs.
- Master's Degree
- Progressive administrative and supervisory experience in higher education and demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative leadership
- Successful college-level teaching experience
- Experience in the recruitment, evaluation and development of faculty and/or professional staff
- Experience with curriculum development, assessment and strategic planning for program development
- Proven ability to promote and foster interdisciplinary programs, workforce development partnerships and innovative teaching pedagogy
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the community college and to a student-centered and learner-focused approach to teaching and learning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among the departments
- Experience in developing and managing grants and budgets
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population
- Doctorate degree
- Progressive administrative and supervisory experience in a community college
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience in a collective bargaining setting
- Experience developing projects, grants, and corporate partnerships allied to workforce development and information technology
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in college administration or teaching in career programs
- Experience developing and maintaining active advisory committees for assigned programs and addressing regional requirements
- Knowledge of technology used in educational programs and services, including but not limited to student information and web-based information systems
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $130,000.00
Review Date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by February 28, 2020.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE