Belmont University, located in thriving Nashville, TN, is one of the fastest growing universities in the US. Belmont has seen extraordinary growth in the past decade, increasing undergraduate and graduate enrollment substantially through sustained recruitment, addition of new major programs, and a focus on student-centered education that prepares students to engage and transform the world.
A comprehensive, coeducational university located in Nashville, Tennessee, Belmont University is a student-centered Christian community providing an academically challenging education that empowers men and women of diverse backgrounds to engage and transform the world with disciplined intelligence, compassion, courage and faith.
The University is seeking an exceptionally talented individual to fill the position of Associate Provost and Dean of Enrollment Services. This position reports directly to the Provost and serves on the Provost’s Executive Council and the Provost Council. This leader will be expected to:
- Help craft a dynamic enrollment management plan through partnerships with the University senior leadership, the Provost, and academic deans.
- Serve as the University’s senior administrator for enrollment.
- Be responsible for the development and attainment of Enrollment Services priorities, processes, and services, through both University admissions and Student Financial Services, that support the University's mission and goals.
- Provide direction and supervision of the offices of Admissions and Student Financial Services including Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Belmont Central.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain active, culturally and academically diverse and highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. Belmont is among the fastest growing universities in the nation. Ranked No. 6 in the Regional Universities South category and named a "Most innovative" university by U.S. News & World Report, Belmont University consists of over 8,450 students who come from every state and 25 countries. The university's purpose is to help students explore their passions and develop their talents to meet the world's needs. With more than 90 areas of study, 22 master's programs and six doctoral degrees, there is no limit to the ways Belmont University can expand an individual's horizon.
Education and Experience Desired
- Master's degree required. Earned doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory experience including developing and implementing enrollment strategies and goals as well as student financial services strategies and goals, preferably at the institutional level.
- Demonstrated budget preparation and management skills, including the development of financial aid models for student recruitment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and community relations skills required to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially when needed to give difficult responses in a positive manner.
- A minimum of ten years progressive experience in enrollment management with at least five years in a leadership role, strong management skills with the ability to make strategic decisions within limited resources and a commitment to diversity.
- Significant experience fostering collaboration across disciplines and institutional boundaries and the ability to represent the University to a variety of external and internal audiences.
- Ability to provide visionary and strategic leadership for Enrollment Services areas and to contribute to campus leadership and planning efforts.
- Strong knowledge of Enrollment Services functions including undergraduate and graduate admissions, student financial aid, and a deep and regular engagement with the current trends and best practices in admissions and enrollment services in higher education.
During the application process, applicants will be asked to attach a response to Belmont's mission, vision, and values statements, articulating how the candidate's knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared him/her to contribute to a Christian community of learning and service.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only candidates who create an online application and specifically apply for this position will be considered for employment at Belmont University. If you are interested in applying visit our website at jobs.belmont.edu. Belmont University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.