The Academic Dean is responsible for handling academic escalations. Escalations will include but are not limited to appeals, late swaps and late enrollment approvals, class reinstatement, as well as attendance issues. Will be responsible for continuous suspension advising and remediation outcomes. The Academic Dean will assist with special task force assignments related to academic quality assurance as well as unofficial transcript evaluations. May also be called upon for tutoring assistance or supplemental instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors quantitative and qualitative data to track individual performance of escalations
- Identifies opportunities to improve student outcomes
- Collaborates with various stakeholders, to create and execute plans to realize opportunities to improve student success
- Works to improve student experience, student success, and business results
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to policy
- Ability to solve complex problems and apply solutions
- Appitude for reading transcripts and predicting potential transfer credit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to build professional connections across the University
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytic skills and follow through
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to form and lead groups to help facilitate project success
- Must develop and maintain professional relationships with team members and constituents
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in higher education
- 1-2 years’ experience in handling student appeals
- 1-2 years’ experience in management or higher-level position
- A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required, Ph.D. preferred
- Must be able to travel 25% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.