for Student Professional Development
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Develops and implements new opportunities for graduate student professional development for (both) academic and non-academic careers.
- Identifies graduate student needs in consultation with relevant constituencies and uses the information obtained to improve student experience, well-being, and graduate student community.
- Implements and analyzes GSAS survey data (incoming, enrolled, and exiting student, and alumni surveys) to assess programming and inform the planning of appropriate programs such as workshops, lecture series, etc.
- Implements and moderates social media initiatives to enhance student community and development.
- Promotes a culture of academic and professional success in student outcomes, including promoting retention: satisfactory academic performance and progress; and student wellbeing.
- Manages, assesses, and develops initiatives to operate and continually improve the GSAS Futures Program and the Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) Program.
- Serves as liaison between GSAS and other University support units, including but not limited to the Offices of Career Services; Chief Diversity Officer; International Services; Mission Integration and Planning; Prestigious Fellowships; Residential Life; and Student Affairs to represent graduate student needs and improve student development opportunities.
- Serves as the primary liaison between GSAS and the Graduate Student Association (GSA).
- Serves as liaison with the Office of Research for the purpose of fostering student research development and opportunities, including with outside partners.
- Develops and manages the Distinguished Fellowship program and all GSAS student awards.
- Maintains and communicates awards and achievements of GSAS students and alumni both internally and externally
- Plans and coordinates, in conjunction with GSAS staff (e.g., Director of Admissions; Assistant Dean for Academic Programs and Support: Recruiting and Marketing Specialist), major events and meetings for GSAS, including Orientation, the GSAS Awards Ceremony, and the GSAS Diploma Ceremony.
- Operates as Event Manager responsible for securing on and off-campus locations and finding appropriate event staffing as necessary.
- Oversees event budgets and is responsible for the stewardship of University funds to identify appropriate charges, order-related services, and supplies, and administer payments.
- Master’s Degree Required; or in lieu of the degree five years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Suite, Jot Form, and Google apps.
- Proficiency in and willingness to learn JA DU and social media platforms.
- Experience with administrative or academic budgets desirable.
- Independent, proactive approach to responsibilities, planning, and project and event management. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work in a team environment.
- Experience working effectively with deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent research, writing, speaking, and organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent judgment, diplomacy, and discretion necessary in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories