Associate Dean of Institutional Research and Planning
Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York, is situated on the shores of Lake Champlain with panoramic views of the Adirondack Mountains and the Green Mountains of Vermont. The College’s mission is to provide educational opportunities in an inclusive and safe environment that empower individuals to create their own paths to personal
and professional growth. We are committed to continual assessment of our institutional effectiveness in all areas of the College. The Office of Institutional Research and Planning is the key contact for the linkage of these activities.
The Associate Dean reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and will work with all offices and constituencies of the College to collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data that support critical decisions in areas such as assessment, strategic planning, budget allocation, enrollment planning, and institutional effectiveness. This is a full-time, twelvemonth, management confidential position; flexible work arrangements, including some remote work and/or reduced schedule, may be feasible.
- Coordinate and implement data collection and analysis for institutional effectiveness activities, including academic planning, strategic decision-making, budget allocation, enrollment management, and program assessment.
- Actively engage in creating and sustaining a culture of assessment and improvement on campus.
- Prepare and submit federal and state mandated reports.
- Prepare and submit College reports, including the Institutional Effectiveness Report and Middle States reports.
- Coordinate annual administrative assessment activities and compile and submit reports.
- Provide annual comprehensive data and research on retention and degree completion of students.
- Coordinate data and submit regular reports to SUNY, NYSED, IPEDS.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and SUNY.
- Administer and/or provide support for grant activities, including compilation and submission of reports.
- Provide support for department/program professional accreditation.
- Support the general education assessment program.
- Provide support for college/department program assessment plans and program reviews.
- Work with senior management to coordinate strategic planning activities and processes; Evaluate and interpret data on strategic plan performance indicators and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Participate in conferences and workshops, including The Association of Institutional
- Research and Planning Officers (AIRPO) of the State University of New York.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in higher education, or a related field required.
- Knowledge of higher education, accreditation requirements and processes, and/or institutional research and assessment.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize quantitative data into meaningful information in both written and verbal formats.
- Proficiency with database systems, SQL, spreadsheets and statistical analysis tools suchas SAS and SPSS.
- Familiarity with qualitative research techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituents.
- Commitment to innovation and advancing an institutional culture of data driven decisionmaking.
Although the search will remain open until the position is filled, for full consideration, candidates should submit materials by January 2, 2022 including a letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, and a CCC application available here: Microsoft Word - Professional Application_2017 (clinton.edu)
Please email your application materials to:
Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Drive, Plattsburgh, New York, 12901