Dean, Enrollment Management
Salary : $104,223.00 - $167,248.00 Annually
Location : Essex Campus
Job Type : Full-Time Staff
Division : Enrollment and Student Services
Job Number : 2022-526
Lead administrator for onboarding including recruitment and admissions, enrollment services, registrar, early college/dual enrollment initiatives, and financial aid services. Provides vision, leadership, and direction for the implementation and effectiveness of services and activities designed to support successful navigation of the enrollment process. Administrative responsibilities include hiring, supervising and evaluating program staff; implementation, monitoring and evaluation of services; establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with administrators, faculty, students and external constituents; in addition to maintaining fiscal and programmatic accountability.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student services administration, educational administration, management or related field required. Doctoral degree in a related discipline is preferred. Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management and enrollment services, preferably for a multi-campus college. Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience providing supervision and leadership to admissions, recruitment, or enrollment staff, preferably within a community college environment. Demonstrated experience in research and the use and application of data and technology to achieve enrollment and student success outcomes and goals.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating enrollment management strategies that support the college’s mission and market-driven program priorities.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating strategic enrollment management practices that meet the unique needs of disparate audiences including online learners, high school students, and employed, underemployed and military-connected adults.
- Experience with adapting and advancing the use of technology including but not limited to customer relationship management, data analysis and business intelligence.
- Experience with student information systems, preferably Banner, interpreting data from admissions, financial aid, and registration and student finance modules to forecast, analyze, evaluate and provide continuous quality improvement.
- Evidence of enrollment success as measured by recruitment, admissions and yield.
- Proven success in establishing and managing multiple priorities that drive outcomes in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
For best consideration please apply by January 9, 2022.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Provide direct supervision to the administration of assigned program areas.
- Develop and lead a strategic vision that guides departmental programs and services.
- Provide direct leadership and professional development support for assigned staff.
- Provide leadership for development and implementation of policies, programs, and student support services in assigned areas.
- Organize resources and establish priorities
- Develop and manage operating budgets for all areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Duties are examples only and are not all-inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Essential Duties
- Serve as a member of the External Outreach & Enrollment leadership group.
- Lead and direct efforts of the Enrollment Management (EM) division, including recruitment, retention and enrollment services.
- Streamline EM processes, policies and initiatives that align with other student services departments and instruction to maximize enrollment results. This includes expansion of virtual support services and hours of service support to students.
- Effectively collaborate with College Communications, College Life, Student Development and Office of Instruction administrative leaders, faculty and staff to facilitate implementation of enrollment goals and initiatives for credit and noncredit enrollment.
- Provide leadership and direction for the development and implementation of recruitment initiatives that support the college’s strategic plan and drive enrollment growth. This includes close collaboration of the college’s testing and advising areas to improve the college’s intake processes.
- Establish and maintain staffing and an organizational structure that effectively supports the department functions; recruit, employ, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Participate in the review of departmental materials for inclusion in the college catalog.
- Work collaboratively with College Communications to develop, implement and evaluate targeted and responsive communication plans to drive enrollment and retention
- Oversee the development of program budgets including analysis of individual program needs; coordinate and act on fiscal related requests from directors.
- Participate in the development and management of the college class schedule to determine enrollment targets; and project enrollment and course availability needs.
- Build on existing data to facilitate data driven decisions and results tracking. Create new data for tracking and analysis as needed.
- Build on existing culture of continuous improvement to enhance the student experience.
- Build on existing and spearhead new organizational partnerships that will drive early college and adult population enrollment growth.
- Ensure college compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Serve as a member of the Student Achievement and Success Steering Committee.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all-inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.