Position TitleDean of Enrollment Management
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Experience and Education
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Dean of Enrollment Management (DEM) provides strategic leadership, supervision and direction to the college’s student recruitment, admissions and integrative delivery of enrollment services efforts. The DEM will develop a longstanding enrollment management plan and advise the Vice President with an assertive strategy to advance existing practices and grow traditional and non-traditional enrollment subgroups. The Dean will engage faculty, staff, alumni and key stakeholders to transform admissions processes and develop thriving relationships within and beyond the region.
The Dean will lead and support (1) Recruitment and Admissions, (2) Records and Registration, and (3) PGCC Testing Center.
- Master’s Degree in student personnel administration, education, or a related field.
- Four years of full-time or equated experience in Student Affairs administration.
- Three years of direct program administration and supervision in one or more of the areas of responsibility
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Provide leadership and planning for recruitment and enrollment of prospective students, dual enrollees, international (F-1) students, readmits, veterans, transfer and continuing students. The Dean will lead with creativity to foster development, execution and ongoing renewal of enrollment workflows that embody the values of PGCC and support an inclusive and diverse student body.
- Develop measurable tactics to advance the progression of the enrollment funnel and desired yields.
- Administrative responsibility for assessment services, including computerized diagnostic testing, academic assessment, commercial tests, on-line testing applications, proctoring services, and license exams.
- Administrative responsibility for student records and registration functions, including graduation certification, credit evaluation, refund appeals, course schedule development, college catalog, and compliance reporting.
- Assess and respond to student customer service issues/problems relating to the enrollment and matriculation process for the college.
- Ensure coordination of all divisional/unit programs and services, including, but not limited to, peak registration and new student orientation.
- Be knowledgeable about current research, trends, best practices and mandates impacting student enrollment, including programs and services for students who are academically and/or economically disadvantaged and other special populations.
- Serve as liaison between Enrollment Services and professional groups, accrediting bodies, and community/government agencies.
- Initiate and supervise the budgetary planning process for area of responsibility and administer the department’s annual operating budget. Establish priorities for allocating fiscal resources to attain departmental and institutional objectives.
- Work with advisory committees, faculty, college committees, and the administration in order to carry out goals and objectives of the department, Student Affairs Area and the College.
- Prepare immediate and long-range goals and objectives for Student Enrollment Services.
- Initiate and lead the departmental planning process to formulate annual operating objectives.
- Recommend to the Vice President for Student Affairs policies and procedures related to Student Enrollment Services.
- Identify and implement critical customer service standards and appropriate student success strategies in support of the College’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Perform other duties and as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications that are submitted by January 24, 2022
will receive first consideration. This position will remain open until filled.Prince George’s Community College values the safety of its students, faculty, and staff. As part of that commitment, the College has announced effective October 21, 2021, all students, faculty, and staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or a valid exemption and tested for the virus weekly. As a prospective or new employee, you will be required to comply with this mandate and all the necessary safety protocols, including wearing a mask. Please direct your questions related to the vaccination, testing, mask mandates, and requirements for exemptions to VMPO@pgcc.edu.
Summary of your application status; you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is immediately sent to your references listed on your application. You will also receive an email notification from HireRight requesting you to submit authorization to complete the background investigation.