Administrative Assistant, Dean Academic Intervention & Support
STATUS: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Academic Intervention and Support
DIVISION: Student Development
UNION: Technical Office Support Staff Council (TOSSC)
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academic Intervention and Support
PLACEMENT: Support Staff Grade 7
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $44,327 annually
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to pe form the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
Provides high-level administrative support to Dean of Academic Intervention and Support (Dean). Works closely with JJC administration, faculty, and staff throughout the different campuses. Responsibilities include facilitation of communication between Dean’s office and students, faculty, staff, and external partners; coordination of meetings and events; handling information requests; and performing other functions as assigned. Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within the Academic Intervention and Support Offices and College Systems, as well as participation in regular training to stay abreast of new programs, services, initiatives, and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Professionally represent Joliet Junior College and uphold the College’s core values.
2. Provide administrative support to Dean and direct all office operations including but not limited to: answering telephone, receiving visitors, processing work orders and IT requests, coordinating and scheduling meetings and maintaining electronic calendars for Dean and direct report areas, ordering office supplies and other non-salary items, assisting with organization/ scheduling subdivision events, ensuring Romeoville Campus staff have mailboxes within the Student Development suite, and developing monitoring systems with spreadsheets for internal/ external reporting.
3. Assist University Partnerships and Transfer Initiatives office with virtual and in-person event planning, scheduling, promoting, tracking, and reporting, including but not limited to table visits, transfer fairs, lunch bunches, admissions days, information sessions, etc.
4. Coordinate and process requests for non-academic classroom scheduling at Romeoville Campus; resolve room conflicts; provide regular reports to Dean capturing room/ space usage and other related data to maximize efficient facility usage. Assist Will County Clerk’s office with Romeoville Campus polling place logistics (i.e. point of entry, furniture arrangement, room scheduling, signage, etc.).
5. Document complaints, inquiries, and other concerns, and propose solutions to promote a culture of continuous quality improvement; prepare and type correspondence, documents, internal and external reports, and handle confidential materials.
6. Assist with preparation, monitoring, and management of operational budgets and grant-related documentation for Dean and direct report areas including Academic Intervention and Communication Center, , Learning Resource Center, Romeoville Campus, Testing Services, Tutoring and Learning Center, University Partnerships and Transfer Initiatives, Welcome Desk, and grants (i.e. budget amendments, purchase orders, stipends, procurement/ travel credit card statements, food purchases, grant accounting documentation, time and effort reports, etc.).
7. Collaborate with Romeoville Campus departments on a monthly basis to establish, maintain, and schedule for broadcast the Romeoville Campus PowerPoint. Assist Dean with promotion of Romeoville Campus services, academic programs, etc.; this may include digital, paper, or external modes.
8. Assist Dean with oversight/ maintenance of Free Speech board, as well as all other materials/ displays located within common spaces (i.e. classrooms, open computer lab, entryways, student lounge, cafeteria, hallways, elevator, stairwells, etc.); work in collaboration with Office of Student Activities.
9. Assist Dean and Learning Resource Center (LRC) staff with faculty support by way of (1) ordering office supplies, (2) ensuring printer issues are reported to IT, (3) updating Romeoville Campus faculty support information annually, or as necessary, (4) regularly walking through Romeoville Campus for items to be replaced, fixed, or otherwise addressed, and (5) facilitating regular LRC check-ins.
10. Assist with portal maintenance, documentation, reporting, and communication related to the Student Emergency Fund; collaborate with Dean of Student Success office to receive materials (gas cards, Hope Pantry cards, etc.).
11. Update webpages and portal pages for Dean and direct report areas including Academic Intervention and Communication Center, Learning Resource Center, Romeoville Campus, Testing Services, Tutoring and Learning Center, University Partnerships and Transfer Initiatives, Welcome Desk, and grants.
12. Coordinate and maintain filing system for testing contracts, Sole Source forms, bids, RFPs (requests for proposal), JJC board writeup documentation, MOUs (memorandums of understanding) with external entities, articulation agreements, transfer guides, and related documentation; collaborate with Business and Auxiliary Services to ensure files are current and updated annually, and adhere to records disposal compliance.
13. Assist with the creation and maintenance of Academic Intervention and Support procedures, policies, and compliance-related documentation/ manuals; assist with posting materials as per Human Resources, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities, Compliance Office, etc.
14. Coordinate and schedule regular reviews of printed and electronic promotional items (i.e. registration guide, course catalog, student handbook, university partnerships promotional items, etc.) with Dean and direct report areas.
15. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
16. Assist Dean with various projects.
17. Act as recording secretary, as needed, for meetings facilitated by Dean.
18. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree
2. Three (3) years of related work experience.
3. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as website page update and creation.
4. Detail-oriented, creative, and adaptable individual.
5. Excellent oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and produce high-quality work with minimum supervision.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Related experience in postsecondary education setting.
3.English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
4. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
5. Familiarity with higher education student information system, and database software.
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Union (If Applicable): TOSSC
Scheduled Hours: 40