The Siena College community are launching the search for the next innovative, experienced and student-centered dean of the School of Business. Working in close collaboration with the School’s dedicated faculty and staff, Provost & Senior Vice President, and collegial peer academic deans, the Dean of the School of Business will lead the school to its next level of academic rigor, strategic enrollment growth, and student success in the context of its Franciscan mission, core values and commitment to The Education for a Lifetime.
Fully accredited by AACSB, the Siena College School of Business offers undergraduate majors in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing as well as a Business major that allows students to combine concentrations in two business disciplines. Committed to engagement, innovation, and student success, the school’s 53 full-time faculty and 23 adjunct faculty are widely respected for their teaching, scholarship, commitment to student success, and outreach to the community.
The School of Business has significantly enhanced the educational experience of students through the addition of academic programs, deepening student engagement and experiential education, and emphasizing the connection from education to career, work, and life, including:
- An innovative Business Major with 84 concentration combinations
- A re-energized MBA, which has exceeded enrollment goals in 2020 and 2021
- Adding advanced certificate programs in Data & Analytics and Fraud & Digital Forensics
- A new Marketing Innovation Lab
- Establishing collaborative partnerships, including an articulation agreement between the MSA and the JD at Albany Law School
Opportunities for the Dean include: *
- Leading the implementation of the 2021-2026 strategic plan, positioning the School of Business to thrive and grow in a highly competitive environment.
- Developing new high quality academic programs, especially graduate programs and certificates that address student and market needs.
- Leading the effort to grow enrollment in the School of Business, expanding its reach beyond its traditional market.
- Advocate passionately for the School of Business within the Cabinet and collaborate with the peer academic deans to enhance cross-disciplinary offerings.
Key Qualifications include: *
- Significant experience with AACSB accreditation.
- Successful experience in a leadership position in a complex organization preferably a college of university.
- A student-centered approach to education and a track record of supporting programs and initiatives that promote student success.
- An earned doctorate and faculty experience are strongly preferred.
To Apply: The application process is ongoing and will remain active until the position is filled. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application nomination links is located here.
You will be required to submit a current resume, a cover letter addressing the position and a reference list containing 3 references with their names, email, phone number and relationship to you (supervisor, direct report, etc.). Please scroll up to the Apply_ Now_ button to submit your application.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Siena College in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant, or Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at Sienadean@rhperry.com.
Location: 515 Loudon Road, Loudonville, NY 12211