Working TitleDean to the School of Business and Industry
Position StatusFull Time
DepartmentSchool of Business and Industry
The Dean of Business and Industry provides leadership in all academic and operational matters for more than 45 full-time faculty and staff members across 23 degree programs, community education, and workforce training. Responsibilities include implementing and overseeing a system of division operations; coordinating, evaluating, and improving curricula and programs; recruiting new faculty; initiating new programs; and promoting excellence in instruction. The programmatic scope includes both credit and noncredit programs.
Specific Position Duties
1. Supervises technical and workforce education program directors and department chairs;
2. Promotes a culture predicated on leadership development, student-success, data-driven decision making, programmatic excellence, and customer service;
3. Acts as a liaison with local business and industry;
4. Encourages and promotes the highest quality of instruction;
5. Assists with planning, implementation, promotion, and administration of technical, workforce, and continuing education courses and programs;
6. Evaluates technical/workforce programs based upon industry requirements, current market demands, and student outcomes;
7. Assists with the preparation and monitoring of budgets for all programs;
8. Administers a competent system of records and office accounting;
9. Provides leadership in recruitment, retention, and development of high-quality faculty;
10. Oversees a comprehensive system of continuous improvement in accordance with the College strategic planning process and programs’ compliance with industry standards;
11. Works with the other members of the Instructional Leadership Team and other areas to promote and ensure student success among all instructional programs;
12. Develops strategies for improved recruiting, marketing, and outreach for programs and works with appropriate college personnel to implement these strategies;
13. Serves on various college committees as appointed;
14. Teaches a minimum one course within the scope of an academic year;
15. Actively participates in college functions and events, and engages in community service; and,
16. Serves as the OCTECHS Liaison
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
Demonstrated passion for student-success;
Proven record of leadership and improving operational efficiency, preferably in an educational setting;
Demonstrated successful and effective leadership experience in higher education, and
Demonstrated successful and effective teaching or training experience, preferably in higher education.
Work HoursTypically Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 to 1:00 p.m. on Friday. Summer hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, closed Fridays. Numerous after-hours and weekend functions are required of the position.
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.odessa.edu/postings/8328